Delt Shared Services Ltd – Board of Directors Meeting
28 October 2020
Directors in attendance: Kim Brown (Non-Executive Director), Lorna Collingwood-Burke (Non-Executive Director via phone), Mark Greaves (Independent Non-Executive Director, Chair), Paul James (Executive Director), Giles Letheren (Executive Director), Mark Lewis (Independent Non-Executive Director) and Andrew Millward (Non-Executive Director)
Also in attendance: Dean Cooper (Chief Technical Officer), Gavin Gracie (Chief Executive of Transforming Futures), Paul Jones (Head of Infrastructure and Operation), Damean Miller (Head of Business Services), Helen Prendergast (Secretariat), Gary Pettitt (Chief Project Officer), Jessica Turner (Communications and Marketing Co-ordinator) and Jane White (Head of Workforce and Brand)
This meeting was conducted virtually.
The Delt Board of Directors met on 28 October 2020 and discussed the following key items of business –
● Transforming Futures Update: Gavin Gracie, Chief Executive of Transforming Futures attended this meeting to provide a progress update and to congratulate staff on its incredible achievement within the timeframe and that such a successful go-live in any environment had not been seen before;
● Plymouth City Council Service Transfer Update: the Board noted the work being undertaken with Plymouth City Council and other opportunities for future service transfers;
● Update on Progress with Workforce Strategy Planning including Coronavirus Update: the Board discussed and noted the update which included the progress on the workforce strategy, sickness levels, wellbeing, future accommodation needs and the impact of the ongoing pandemic.
● Insurance Renewal: the Board reviewed the Company’s insurance policy, paying particular attention to the key changes and Covid related exemptions;
● Management Accounts: the Board discussed and noted the latest financial position of the Company, the key risks which could impact the budget in-year, the impact of Covid and in particular the need for growth, as there was the potential for the Company to be in a break-even situation in 2022/23;
● Performance Management: the Board reviewed the August 2020 performance information for the organisation and discussed the actions being taken to mitigate future missed SLAs, as 11 out of 15 SLAs had been met; the Board noted that all SLAs had been met during September 2020;
● Client Acquisition and Business Development: the Board noted the comprehensive work being undertaken with potential new customers to secure business growth;
● Comms Plan: Jessica Turner (Communications and Marketing Co-ordinator) provided an overview of the work that she had undertaken, in particular the new marketing plans, LinkedIn key influencers and new comms partnerships;
● Business Plan Update/Away Day Follow Up: the Senior Leadership Team had an opportunity to present their services’ mini business plans to the Board for review; the Board noted the intention for the main business plan to be completed by December 2020;
● Corporate Social Responsibility: the Board noted the work carried out on identifying Delt’s key CSR pillars and that work had also commenced on the equality impact assessments, with a review of Delt’s policies;
The next Board meeting will be held on 18 November 2020.