If you have any questions about this policy, please email email@example.com
Who we are
Delt Shared Services Ltd
2 Derriford Business Park
You can contact us with queries on:
Telephone: +44(0)1752 308888
Applicability of this policy
Please note that where links have been provided, we have no control of any external websites and do not endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies thoroughly.
What personal data we collect and how we use it
At Delt Shared Services Ltd. we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors. You may visit this site as often as you like without providing any information such as your name, address or email address. Certain services provided via the site, as detailed below, do however require the provision of personal data.
To contact Delt Shared Services Ltd via our online form, you will be asked to provide the following data:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Telephone number (optional)
This information will be used for the sole purpose of processing and responding to your message/ request. By sending us a message using this form, you consent to the use of your details for this purpose and accept that Delt Shared Services Ltd may respond to you using the contact details provided.
If you attend any of our sites we will also capture your image data via our CCTV system. This data may be used:
- to prevent crime and protect buildings and assets from damage, disruption, vandalism and other crime;
- for the personal safety of staff, visitors and other members of the public and to act as a deterrent against crime;
- to support law enforcement bodies in the prevention, detection and prosecution of crime;
- to support the health and safety of staff and others;
- to assist in the effective resolution of disputes which arise in the course of disciplinary or grievance proceedings;
- to be used in support of any civil litigation, including employment tribunal proceedings
Applying for current vacancies:
Occasionally Delt Shared Services Ltd will advertise current employment vacancies and accept applications to be made via the site. The following data will be required to apply for vacancies in this manner:
- Email address
- Full name
- Covering letter
The information collected as part of an application and the documents containing it will be processed exclusively for the purposes of determining suitability for vacancies within Delt Shared Services Ltd and to respond to applicants and will not be used for any other purpose, nor distributed to any other party. Submitted CVs will be held for no longer than twelve months and may be used to assess suitability for any role vacancies that may open in this period.
Your rights relating to personal data
Access to information
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016) you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you and Delt Shared Services Ltd shall charge no fee for the processing of this request. You can make a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You can help us return the data you’re looking for by completing and attaching our Data Subject Access Request Form.
Correcting your data
At any time, you may contact us to request your data be corrected if you believe it to be incorrect. To do so, contact us at email@example.com and include who you are, and what type of data you believe needs to be corrected. To protect your data, as part of this activity we may need to ask you for identifying documents to confirm who you are.
Erasure of the data we hold
Also known as “The Right to Be Forgotten”. You have a right to have your data erased if:
the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose which we originally collected or processed it for;
we are relying on consent as our lawful basis for holding the data, and you withdraw your consent – we will specifically mention if we rely on consent;
- we are relying on legitimate interests as your basis for processing, the individual objects to the processing of their data, and there is no overriding legitimate interest to continue this processing – we will specifically mention if we rely on legitimate interests as our basis for processing;
- we are processing the personal data for direct marketing purposes and you object to that processing – we will specifically mention if we will use your data for direct marketing;
- we are determined to have processed the personal data unlawfully;
- we have to do it to comply with a legal obligation; or
- we have processed the personal data to offer information society services to a child.
To request erasure of your data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the types of data about you that we need to erase, and the reason from the above list that you believe relates to the requirement for us to erase your data. To protect your data, as part of this activity we may need to ask you for identifying documents to confirm who you are.
Restriction of processing
You have the right to request that we restrict processing your data if:
- you contest the accuracy of your personal data and we are verifying the accuracy of the data;
- the data has been unlawfully processed (i.e. in breach of the lawfulness requirement of the first principle of the GDPR) and the individual opposes erasure and requests restriction instead;
- we no longer need the personal data, but you need us to keep it in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or
- you have objected to us processing your data under Article 21(1), and we are considering whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
To place such a request please email email@example.com, and include the types of data about you for which we need to restrict processing. To protect your data, as part of this activity we may need to ask you for identifying documents to confirm who you are.
In certain circumstances, you have a right to receive data from us in a “portable” format. This means the data must be provided in a structured and commonly used, machine readable format. This right applies where all 3 of the follow are met:
- you (as an individual) have provided data to us;
- our lawful basis for processing this information is consent or for the performance of a contract – if either of these are used they will be mentioned specifically in this privacy notice; and
- we are carrying out the processing by automated means (i.e. excluding paper files).
If you believe these criteria are met, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the types of data about you that you would like a copy of. To protect your data, as part of this activity we may need to ask you for identifying documents to confirm who you are.
Objecting to processing
You have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
For an objection against the first point, you must provide a reason relating to your own situation that warrants an objection to the processing. In the case of legitimate reason, we must stop processing the personal data unless:
we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the person objecting; or
the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
For an objection against processing for direct marketing, we must stop processing your data.
For an objection against processing for scientific/historical research and statistics, you must provide a reason relating to your own situation that warrants an objection to the processing. In the case of legitimate reason, we must stop processing the personal data unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
The object to processing, please email your request to email@example.com, and include your objection, reason for objecting, and the types of data about you that you object to the processing of. To protect your data, as part of this activity we may need to ask you for identifying documents to confirm who you are.
Automated decision making
This notice identifies any instances of automated decision making that is related to the processing described.
How we respond to requests to exercise your rights to your personal data
We are required by law to comply with your requests. In certain circumstances, however, we have the right to reject such a request.
We may refuse to comply with a request for erasure if it is manifestly unfounded or excessive, taking into account whether the request is repetitive in nature.
In such a case that we consider a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive we can:
- request a “reasonable fee” to deal with the request; or
- refuse to deal with the request.
In either case we must justify your decision, and will inform you of our reasons for doing so.
Any such fees will be based on the administrative costs of complying with your request. If we decide to charge a fee, we shall contact you promptly and inform you of such. We do not need to comply with the request until we have received the fee.
Lodging a complaint about handling of your data
If you believe you have an issue with how your data is being processed, we would encourage you to contact us first, putting your complaint in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take any such complaints seriously and do our best to resolve them.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (the organisation responsible for enforcing data protection in your country) applicable to you. If you are a UK resident, your supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (or ICO). You can find more details about how to do this on the ICO’s website, here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
For our existing customers:
If you or your organisation are a customer of Delt, we have likely needed to collect information about you in order provide our services. Please see the following privacy notices to understand the sort of data we collect, how we use it, and what your rights are regarding this data.
Plymouth City Council
New Devon CCG
Devon GP Surgeries
Our Payroll Service Clients