Board Minutes – 24 March 2021
Delt Shared Services Ltd – Board of Directors Meeting
24 March 2021
Kim Brown (Non-Executive Director), Lorna Collingwood-Burke (Non-Executive Director), Nick Franklin (Non-Executive Director Staff Appointed), Mark Greaves (Independent Non-Executive Director, Chair), Giles Letheren (Executive Director), Paul James (Executive Director), Mark Lewis (Independent Non-Executive Director) and Andrew Millward (Non-Executive Director).
Also in attendance: Karen Morris (Financial Controller), Helen Prendergast (Secretariat), Jessica Turner (Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator) and Jane White (Head of Workforce and Brand).
This meeting was held virtually via MS Teams.
The Delt Board of Directors met on 24 March 2021 and discussed the following key items of business –
● Audit Plan: the Company’s audit (by Bishop Fleming auditors) would take place between 19 – 26 April 2021; it was the intention to present the final management accounts to the Board for sign off at its meeting scheduled for May 2021;
● Insurers: a response to the Board’s queries (on GDPR and cyber-security) was still awaited and the Company’s insurance brokers had been requested to attend the April 2021 Board meeting;
● Quarterly Strategic Risk Register: a significant amount of time had been dedicated to an in depth review of each of the nine strategic risks; following robust discussions, the Board agreed to revise or remove some of these risks;
● Pay Award 2021/22: the Board had received a reply from Delt Rad in response to the Remuneration Committee’s proposed pay award offer of 2%; the Board (Remuneration Committee) would be responding to this;
● Workforce Strategic Planning: the Board noted that the organisation had gained entry in to the Sunday Times Best Company to Work for 2021 initiative, as a one star company; measures were being put in place to address the issues that had arisen from the results of the staff engagement survey;
a discussion had been held with regard to the process that would be adopted for the recruitment of the Chief Financial Officer post, as a result of Paul James leaving the organisation;
● Management Accounts: the Board discussed and noted the latest financial position of the company, the key risks which could impact the budget in-year and the impact of Covid;
● Performance Management: the Board noted that the service performance during February 2021 had returned to normal after the failure of one SLA in January 2021; all service levels were met with a notable, significant improvement in the service desk answer rate for all customers, achieving the highest performance in recorded history;
● Client Acquisition and Business Development: the Board noted the comprehensive work being undertaken with potential new customers to secure growth; in particular work with Transforming Futures and Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service;
● Comms Plan: Jessica Turner (Communication and Marketing Co-ordinator) provided the Board with the marketing online dashboard for February – March 2021; the Board noted the continuing progress being made with the marketing of the company; Jane White (Head of Workforce and Brand) updated the Board on the outcome of the formal review of the marketing function with the creation of a Marketing Manager role and a Marketing Assistant role; the Board congratulated Jessica Turner on her success in gaining the role of Marketing Manager;
● Any Other Business: the Chair had sought the views of Board Members regarding the focus of future Board meetings;
The next Board meeting will be held on 24 May 2021.