Delt Shared Services Ltd – Board of Directors Meeting
24 February 2021
Kim Brown (Non-Executive Director), Lorna Collingwood-Burke (Non-Executive Director), Nick Franklin (Non-Executive Director Staff Appointed), Mark Greaves(Independent Non-Executive Director, Chair), Giles Letheren (Executive Director),Paul James (Executive Director), Mark Lewis (Independent Non-Executive Director) and Andrew Millward (Non-Executive Director)
Also in attendance: Steve Aspinall (Marsh Insurance Brokers), Karen Morris (Financial Controller), Helen Prendergast (Secretariat), Jessica Turner (Marketing and Communications Co-ordinator) and Jane White (Head of Workforce and Brand).
This meeting was held virtually via MS Teams.
The Delt Board of Directors met on 24 February 2021 and discussed the following key items of business –
● Insurers and Brokers: the company’s insurers had been asked to attend the meeting to discuss issues that the Board had raised; these related to GDPR and the current issue relating to cyber security cover;
● Workforce Strategic Planning: the Board noted that the Sunday Times Best Company to Work for 2021 survey had been circulated to staff with an engagement rate of 68%; a timeline for this process had been requested;
● Management Accounts: the Board discussed and noted the latest financial position of the company, the key risks which could impact the budget in-year and the impact of Covid;
● Budget 2021/22: the Board noted the budget for 2021/22 and the future challenges of the company, in particular the need for the business to realise growth;
● Performance Management: the Board noted that the GPIT average wait time service level had been missed due to a major national incident and that the payroll error rate service level had been missed for the second consecutive month; the Board was assured that mitigating action was being taken to prevent this service level from being missed in the future;
● Client Acquisition and Business Development: the Board noted the comprehensive work being undertaken with potential new customers to secure growth; in particular work with Transforming Futures and Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service;
● Pay award 2021/22: the Board received the Delt Rad pay award 2021/22 for feedback; the Remuneration Committee had met following the Board meeting and would formally submit a recommendation to the Board for discussion purposes only (as the Remuneration Committee was responsible for this decision);
● Comms Plan: Jessica Turner (Communication and Marketing Co-ordinator) provided the Board with the marketing online dashboard for January – February 2021; the Board noted the continuing progress being made with the marketing of the company;
● Business Plan: the draft business plan had been thoroughly reviewed to produce a succinct document whilst including the service areas of the business and information on the focus for the next year; following consideration of the plan the Board made a number of enhancements;
The next Board meeting will be held on 24 March 2021.