Delt Shared Services Ltd – Board of Directors
19 August 2019
Directors in attendance: Mark Greaves (Independent Non-Executive Director) (Chair), Mark Lewis (Independent Non-Executive Director), Lorna Collingwood-Burke (Non-Executive Director), Jo Turl (Non-Executive Director), Giles Letheren (Executive Director) and Paul James (Executive Director)
Attendees: Siân Millard (Company Secretary), Helen Prendergast (Secretariat), Chris Sparrow (Head of Client Acquisition) and Jane White (Head of Workforce and Brand)
Apologies: Giles Perritt (Non-Executive Director) and Nick Franklin (Non-Executive Director (Staff Appointed))
The Delt Board of Directors met on 19 August 2019 and discussed the following key items of business:
- Welcome – the Board welcomed Jo Turl to her first meeting as a Non-Executive Director (appointed by the Clinical Commissioning Group)
- Finances – the Board discussed and noted:
- the latest financial position of the company;
- the forecast balance sheet for 2019/20;
- the Treasury Management Strategy and approved a new approach to a deposit account; and
- an update on discussions with Plymouth City Council
- Sales and Client Acquisition and Business Development – Chris Sparrow joined for this item and the Board:
- were briefed on the high-level approach proposed to new business acquisition;
- discussed the key aspects of the presentation provided
- discussed the latest situation on new business development opportunities and requested improved stakeholder mapping and communication to enhance relationships
- Performance report– the Board reviewed the latest performance statistics for the company against its Service Level Agreements
- Modern Slavery Policy – the Board discussed the draft Modern Slavery Policy and requested that a comparison to similar policies in other relevant companies was undertaken.
- Updated Board Development Day Programme – the Board discussed and agreed the updated Board Development Day programme and noted it was scheduled to take place on 12 September 2019 [post meeting note: rescheduled to November 2019].
- The next board meeting will be on 23 September 2019.