Advice I Would Give My Younger Self
I’ll jump straight in…
- Leave a job if it brings you no joy, however good the money is
- Embrace change, you may as well because you will not stop it
- Drive change, even in the smallest ways, it takes a lot of people doing a lot of small things to make big change happen.
- Take a stand and challenge poor behaviour as that will eventually change a culture.
- Surround yourself with people who challenge you to be the best version of you that you can.
- Share your knowledge. Time invested in training and developing others is never wasted and seeing your team grow will give you some of the proudest moments in your career.
- Never compromise your integrity. Your moral compass is yours and yours alone. Live by it.
- Keep the balance, do not forget you are a cheerleader too! Work hard but remember what is really important in life.
- You are not a square peg or a round peg, you are just you. You are good enough. You do not have to fit into any hole.
- Never stop learning.
Karen Morris, Chief Financial Officer
Photo by Elisa Photography on Unsplash