ServiceNow Developer, permanent, 37hrs per week, up to £37,300 p.a. plus performance bonus
When asked what we do here at Delt, our response is often ‘We help people do amazing things’. We support the public sector through back-end services to deliver an amazing service to their customers – those who live and work in our communities.
Our teams know the importance of their work to the end user and strive to deliver an exceptional service to all.
If you want to be part of an environment where you can do the right things for the right reasons, then Delt may just be your next career move.
If you want to know more about the total package we offer, please see our future employee page here https://deltservices.com/careers/
We’re currently recruiting for a key role without our IT Services business for a ServiceNow Developer. You’ll join our teams at an exciting time in Delt’s trajectory as we continue to grow the business.
As a ServiceNow Developer you will be part of a small team but dedicated team, which includes all aspects of development and system administration. ServiceNow Developers provide, through their subject matter expertise, knowledge and experience to maintain, upgrade and improve the application portfolios of Delt’s partners and customers
- Responsible for full application life cycle and incorporate analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, incident support and upgrades to ServiceNow
- Works independently to solve technical issues or identify technical solutions, while providing excellent customer service
- Follows Delt procedures and proposals to ensure all work adheres to the appropriate end to end controls before being implemented in production
- Works directly with Delt’s customers (at times at their location) to resolve application-based incidents and problem
- Through collaborative working, ensures the application technical design of solutions and changes is aligned to Delt’s strategies and architectural principles. Enhance or develop application and interface solutions that are fit-for-purpose
- Ensures application changes and implementations are documented and communicated whilst having achievable delivery timescales by following governance processes and receiving timely endorsement by the necessary bodies
- Ensures technical risks are considered, accepted and mitigated where possible, throughout application upgrades and development
- Accurately produces the definition, development and documentation of solutions or problem solving
- When required, works and escalates with the lead and external suppliers and partners, ensuring that Delt benefits from their expertise and support
- Undertakes more complex day-to-day business analysis, administration, incident resolution, defect resolution and development activities within the platform aligned to ServiceNow best practices.
- Provides software coding and customisation including, but not limited to screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, scripting, third party software integrations, and customer application development.
- Designs and builds new solutions leveraging Delt’s recent investment in CSM Professional. This includes helping to build a plan to transition Delt from ITSM to CSM Professional in the future.
- The accountabilities listed here are not an exhaustive list. The post holder will be required to work in any area of the business and deliver ad-hoc duties as and when directed
Experience, knowledge, skills and qualifications:
- Relevant experience in ServiceNow development (minimum of 2 years’ experience of developing ServiceNow ITSM or ideally CSM). Willing to gain experience in CSM if required.
- In-depth experience of (workflow configuration, report development, integration components such as rest API and CMDB improvement).
- Ideally, proven experience in ServiceNow technical implementation of CSM Standard or Professional; although Delt are willing to train with the right candidate.
- Certified in appropriate ServiceNow certification (Admin, Scripting and ideally CSM, although willing to train).
- Effective communicator, good team player and can comfortably work under pressure and tight deadlines when required across a rapidly changing environment.
- Experience of quickly assimilating information to provide information to non-technical people.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel to locations in the Southwest of England if needed.
Deadline for applications: applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please apply early.
To apply for this role, or if you have any questions, please email: Recruitment@deltservices.co.uk