Senior Procurement Officer (Full time 37 hours per week, Part time and job shares will be considered, Permanent) £37,500-£42,000 p.a.
Delt is a brilliant contradiction. A dynamic and agile private sector company with a serious conscience, that’s wholly owned by the public sector. It’s somewhere you can do the right things for the right reasons while playing a real part in a growing business.
Our employee proposition is pretty great too, with an overall package that recognises the importance of life in work/life balance and gives you the opportunity to keep learning new things.
If you want to know more about the total package we offer, please see our future employee page here https://deltservices.com/careers/
We are recruiting for a Senior Procurement Officer to join our Procurement Team. Could you see yourself working for a values-driven company that has people at its centre?
Are you looking for a fast-paced dynamic organisation that puts its employees and customers right at the heart of things? Are you looking for an opportunity that allows you do use your experience to make a real difference to the community?
At Delt we use our influence and talent to drive our supply chain to deliver maximum societal benefit in everything we do.
The Procurement Team proactively contributes to the success of Delt. It contributes both profit and revenue.
The Team is agile and adaptable and entrepreneurial and looks for ways to amaze in all things.
We are purpose lead, buying responsibly in method and in outcome and always focus on the best solution for our customers.
We create, nurture and value future fit partnerships, developing suppliers who share our vision and values and who can offer reach back into industry in innovation and best practice.
Procurement ensures security of supply in availability, supplier provenance and compliance standards.
We are knowledgeable about our markets and invest in developing ourselves whilst being imaginative and pragmatic in our approach.
- Are you an effective negotiator with the experience of delivering financial and operational benefits on a range of categories?
- Have a mix of experience across sector or category (public sector experience is not required)?
- Have experience contributing to and executing category strategy?
- Have a full appreciation of contractual terms and conditions with sound understanding and experience of Supplier Relationship Management and sound general commercial awareness?
- Have a passion for collaborating and problem solving?
- Have experience in participating in Supplier Relationship Management activities?
- Have a continuous improvement approach to procurement?
- Have experience in Procurement and supply chain processes?
- Have experience in contract writing and management
Candidates should have a minimum CIPS level 5, CIPS level 6 would be an advantage. For candidate who aren’t yet qualified Delt offer a commitment to training funding at CIPS level 6 with this role. Successful achievement of the qualification will be recognised with an increase in salary.
The post holder should understand supply chain design and risk mitigation tools and techniques.
What do you get?
- Being part of a highly technical and skilled team
- Work in a flexible environment
- Opportunities for working from home
- Mobile devices provided
- Varied training opportunities
Interview date to be confirmed.
Deadline for applications: 10th June 2022, however applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please apply early.
To Apply for this vacancy please click the button below and submit an application via our Core Portal.
If you are experiencing any difficulties please contact us via email at Recruitment@deltservices.co.uk