Senior Application Engineer (Full time, 37 hours per week, Permanent)/ Up to £35,000 p.a.
Applications from individuals who have applied for the position of position of “Senior Applications Analyst” in the past six months should not apply.
At Delt, our people really do help others to do amazing things. We don’t just talk about our mission and values – we live them. If you want to join a values-drive organisation that wants, it’s people to feel and do good then we could be your next career move.
With an enviable benefits package, staff events programme and flexible working policy we aren’t shy on ‘perks’.
We’re currently recruiting a skilled Senior Application Engineer (to be referred to as Senior Application Analyst upon appointment) to join the Delt teams. You’ll need to have a ‘jump straight in’ attitude and the desire to support the growth of the business.
The Senior Application Engineer will have the ability to undertake and oversee day to day operational activities in the ICT applications portfolio, whilst making sure customer service level agreements are met and maintained.
To lead and deliver the ICT Application Service in the most effective and efficient way and in accordance with ICT strategy, technology architecture, best practice, and industry standards.
To lead and contribute to the successful delivery of Application projects. Autonomously delivering small & medium & large sized projects across the Application portfolio.
Requirements – What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Hold an IT related degree or have the equivalent level of experience; ITIL Foundation V 3 or later
- Demonstrable experience in leading on the creation, documentation and delivery of IT solutions which address user needs
- Experience of working on Server/Client environments
- Knowledge and proven understanding of multiple ICT areas encompassing 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line support in an ITIL environment.
- Demonstratable experience of SQL Server database including installation and patching.
Experience in the any of the following would also be beneficial:
- Experience in vulnerability management and security remediation.
- Experience of M365 (Administration, Office, SharePoint, MS Teams, Power Platform, Azure AD)
- Experience in complex system integration (API’s, SSIS) and Application
- Experience with PowerShell, BASH or equivalent
- Experience of various data and BI/Reporting tools (e.g. Power BI, SSRS, Crystal Reports)
- Proficient user in a range of Microsoft packages.
What do you get?
- Being part of a highly technical and skilled team
- Work in a flexible environment
- Opportunities for working from home
- Varied training opportunities
The Application Support Team operates in a hybrid fashion, however, there is a requirement for analysts to be able to work from our Plymouth office when required and be available to visit customers in Devon as required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Up to £35,000.00 per year
- Additional leave
- Company events
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee discount
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Work from home
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Plymouth