Senior Desktop Engineer, 37 hours per week permanent, £35,000 p.a. plus performance bonus
Delt is a brilliant contradiction. A dynamic and agile private sector company with a serious conscience, that’s wholly owned by the public sector. It’s somewhere you can do the right things for the right reasons while playing a real part in a growing business. In short – we help people do amazing things.
We are seeking a skilled Senior Desktop Engineer to join our End User Computing team with enterprise level experience who can hit the ground running whilst embodying the Delt values. You’ll play an instrumental role in supporting our customers and shareholders whilst being given plenty of opportunity to better your skillset and take on new challenges through our dedication to employee development.
The Senior Desktop Engineer will provide enterprise support to multiple large tenants at several sites across the Southwest. The role will involve managing and administering the technology and tools used to provision and support end user devices throughout their lifecycle.
This role is hybrid working, with a realistic expectation to attend the Plymouth office once a week.
As a Senior Desktop Engineer, you will play a key role in designing, implementing, and supporting end user computing solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for ensuring the stability, security, and optimal performance of desktops, laptops, tables and mobile devices, as well as providing technical expertise to resolve complex issues. This position offers an exciting opportunity for a seasoned professional to contribute to the success of our projects and mentor junior team members.
- Design, deploy, and maintain end user computing solutions.
- Provide advanced technical support.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement and optimise products and solutions.
- Evaluate and recommend hardware and software solutions to meet business requirements.
- Conduct regular system audits for security and performance enhancements (automation).
- Mentor and guide junior desktop engineers.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Proven experience with device management technologies such as:
Microsoft Configuration Manager
Apple Business Manager
- Strong expertise in end user operating systems (Windows, Android, iOS) and applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant certifications:
Microsoft Certified (Windows 10, MCP, MCTS, etc.)
ITIL v3 Foundation
Full UK Driving License
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
What do you get?
- Being part of a highly technical and skilled team
- Work in a flexible environment
- Opportunities for working from home
- Mobile devices provided
- Varied training opportunities
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so please apply early, as we reserve the right to close the advert once we have sufficient quality applications.