Project Support Officer (Full time, 37 hours per week, 18 month fixed term contract)/£25,000 – £30,000 p.a. plus performance bonus

Delt Shared Services Current Vacancies Header Image

Current Vacancies

Project Support Officer (Full time, 37 hours per week, 18-month Fixed Term Contract) / £25,000 – £30,000 p.a. plus performance bonus

Delt is a brilliant contradiction. A dynamic and agile private sector company with a serious conscience that is wholly owned by the public sector. It is somewhere you can do the right things for the right reasons while playing a real part in a growing business.

The Delt Project Management Office is committed to delivering a wide range of business change and transformation projects. We are providing focussed project management support to our client and need an accomplished Project Support Officer to work exclusively on their Remote Health Monitoring project. To be effective in this role you must have extensive experience of providing administrative, logistical, and coordination support throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring projects are completed on time, within budget, and meeting quality standards. An IT background and experience of working with the NHS would be useful but is not essential.

Key Responsibilities:

Administrative Support:

  • Assist in creating and maintaining project documentation, including plans, schedules, reports, and meeting minutes.
  • Coordinate project-related events and meetings, managing logistics and preparations.
  • Maintain accurate project files and databases to ensure accessible information for team members.

Communication and Coordination:

  • Facilitate communication among project stakeholders, internal and external, addressing inquiries and resolving issues.
  • Collaborate with team members to track project progress, identify risks, and escalate issues as needed.
  • Coordinate with support functions to meet project resource requirements effectively.

Risk and Issue Management:

  • Identify, assess, and document project risks and issues.
  • Support the implementation of risk mitigation strategies and contingency plans.
  • Monitor project activities to proactively identify emerging risks and address them promptly.

Quality Assurance:

  • Implement project quality assurance processes and standards.
  • Review project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality requirements.
  • Maintain documentation related to quality assurance activities.

Financial Management:

  • Monitor project budgets, expenditures, and financial forecasts.
  • Prepare financial reports, including variance analysis and budget reconciliation.
  • Coordinate with finance and procurement teams for project-related financial transactions.

This is an opportunity that will bring new tasks and challenges on a daily basis. If you have excellent communication and organisational skills, are a logical thinker and exceptional problem solver, this could be the perfect role for you.

Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:

  • Proven experience in project coordination or administrative support roles, preferably in a project management environment.
  • Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
  • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
  • Proficiency in project management tools and software, such as Microsoft Project, Excel, and SharePoint.
  • Attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
  • Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work independently.
  • Experience working with, or in, the NHS would be desirable, but not essential.

This fantastic opportunity is being offered on an initial fixed term contract of 18 months.

You will spend an average of 80% of your week working virtually, with the remaining 20% attending meetings in our Plymouth office, as well as other NHS locations across Devon.

In addition to a competitive salary, we have an attractive package of benefits including a maximum 10% pension contribution and 25 days annual leave. If you want to know about the total package we offer, please see our future employee page here:

Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so please apply early. Should we successfully appoint we will close the advert early. 

To Apply for this vacancy please click the button above and submit an application via our Core Portal.

If you are experiencing any difficulties please contact us via email at

We use Google Analytics throughout this website. Click here to opt-out.