Caretaker (Part time: 20hours per week, permanent) / £20,000 – £22,000 p.a FTE (£10,800 – £11,800 p.a. ACTUAL) – CORNWALL BASED
At Delt we are proud of being able to Help people to do amazing things. By joining our Estates team, you can do just that. You will be looking after a number of small specialist school sites across Cornwall, which make up a larger Multi Academy Trust across the region.
Not only is it great to help others, but our employee proposition is pretty great too, with an overall package that recognises the importance of life in work/life balance and gives you the opportunity to keep learning new things.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part time experienced School Caretaker, with an interest in providing a great service to our education customers. You will look after sites in Redruth, Bodmin and Launceston, carrying out minor repairs and some compliance testing.
Working as part of a hardworking and dedicated team you will be:
- responsible for the security and safety of the school buildings and site.
- Undertake statutory checks including daily/weekly/monthly recording where required.
- Be a key holder and on occasion attend emergency callouts for the school.
- Be able to undertake general repairs and maintenance to the buildings and maintain the site to a high standard.
- Have a proven ability in planning and prioritising repairs, including liaising with the Caretaking Team Leader and Head of Estates.
- Be proactive in identifying maintenance issues/defects and act to minimise cost.
- Work in a flexible manner to meet the needs of Delt and the Trusts we support.
- Facilitate maintenance work by specialist contractors and supervise to ensure H&S compliance.
- Be able to work collaboratively with peers across multiple sites to facilitate tasks that require more than one person for health and safety reasons.
We are looking for a hardworking, motivated, and enthusiastic Caretaker to join the team and create a dynamic and inspiring learning environment for the children
We are seeking an innovative and proactive individual with effective communication skills to hit the ground running in their responsibilities and be able to effectively manage their workload and demands across the Trust.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role,
- be organised and highly driven to achieve.
- Candidates should have a proven ability of dealing with multiple tasks to meet time deadlines and working efficiently under pressure.
- You will work successfully as part of a team, building positive relationships with staff and key stakeholders both within Delt, the Trust and with external providers.
- Having experience of supervising cleaning staff would be an advantage although not essential.
- As this is hands on maintenance role, strong DIY skills across multiple trades are a must.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to make a real difference, significantly contributing to the quality education provision that we support our customers to deliver.
In return for your hard work and dedication, we will support you to learn and develop in the role, enabling you to achieve your career aspirations. This role is a unique opportunity to develop site skills, knowledge and additionally contribute to the strategic element of Estates Management.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
In return we can offer you a great work-life balance. Working hours are 20 hours per week split over 5 days Mon – Fri. We will be flexible on hours of work, but it is anticipated that you will work 4 hours per day. There will be occasions when you are required to unlock to cover staff absence, but these will be few and far between.
- A competitive salary
- 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays, plus ability to buy/sell holidays, all pro rata’d
- Pension contribution, matching up to 10% of the salary
- Training and Development
- Subsidised events
- Charity leave
- Discounted shopping cards
Closing date is Monday 25th July 2022 at 9am
Interviews to be held on Friday 29th July.